I have a bit of an
old young lady in me. Which means, I enjoy canning, pickling, sewing, painting, knitting, you get the point…
I’m a closet grandma. Yep. You read that right. This 20-something-year-old is a CLOSET (
well maybe everyone knows, but i’ll pretend they don’t) Grandma.
Sad, I know…I’m very accepting of it though. So, you should be too.
Now, onto the fun stuff :
An edible product, such as a cucumber, that has been preserved and flavored in a solution of brine or vinegar.
First, washed then cut up the peppers. (You can cut to whatever thickness you prefer.)
After I finish cutting the peppers, I work on the sauce. This particular recipe is made with 2 pounds of peppers–
- 1 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 1/2 Cups White Vinegar
- 4 Teaspoons Salt
- Wash and cut the peppers
- Make the sauce and bring it to a boil
- Wash out jars
- Place a piece of garlic in the bottom of each jar
- Fill the jars with peppers
- Cover the peppers in the jar with the sauce
- Move around the peppers in each jar to be sure there are no bubbles
- Seal the jar
- Enjoy after 24 hours!
Easy to tie a ribbon around and give as a gift!