- 2 1/2 Cups Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 1/2 Tablespoon Minced Garlic (I am a garlic lover, so you could go light on this if you choose)
- 1/2 Cup Fresh Flat-leaf Parsley
- 1/3 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/4 Cup Pine Nuts
- 1/2 Cup EVOO (Extra-Virgin Olive Oil)
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Black Pepper (If you’d like to add more, please do so)
- Place all ingredients into a food processor except for the EVOO, Salt & Pepper. (I decided to cut up my Basil a bit before I did this, but you do not have to do so.)
- While the food processor is on, add the EVOO until your pesto starts to form a bit of a paste.
- Add Salt and Pepper to your liking.
- Remove the pesto and enjoy!
**Since I like to freeze my pesto so I can use it whenever, I decided to get an ice cube tray and put the pesto in it. First, I rubbed each ‘ice cube’ section with EVOO, and then placed the pesto in each individual ‘ice cube’ section. Then I covered the whole ice cube tray in plastic wrap.
I’d love to hear what your favorite Pesto recipe is–